One of the things I love about the church community is how diverse we are. I’m not just talking about our different backgrounds and nationalities. I’m talking about the different seasons we all go through simultaneously.
This past Sunday we had so many different things going on in the life of our church.
- a couple at the hospital about to have a baby.
- a couple with a child in the hospital experiencing devastating illness.
- families who’s children have finally come home.
- families experiencing their first Christmas without someone.
- families reeling from bad medical news.
- people recovering from surgery.
There were so many different situations going on and I love that God has room for us all.
Perhaps my favorite was a little girl with frown. As she passed by, I asked what could possibly be wrong. She said, “It’s not yet Jesus' birthday.” I was taken back so, of course, I had to inquire further. I soon discovered that KidsLife had given all the families a birthday cake kit so everyone could make a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas morning. This little lady was upset because she wanted those sprinkles now! Honestly, I hadn’t laughed that hard in a while. Afterward, it made my heart happy. God has room for those who are dealing with medical decisions and those who simply want sprinkles now.